Vision boards are very powerful tools that help you create a clear vision of what you really want to achieve in your life. They’re an ideal tool to help you to reach your DPP or Desire, Passion and Purpose. Your vision board is there to help you visualise your goals. And it’s there as a tangible reference point that gives you the drive & motivation you need to move forward.
A vision board is typically a poster board onto which you can paste or collage images, clippings, cuttings, quotes that empower you and make you want to reach your goal sooner, basically anything that has meaning to you… Tear out ideas from magazines, use photos, or pictures that you collect. there’s no limit to the collage that you can create to record your own dreams, goals, and desires.
Remember that a vision board is a visual artwork; a representation of the ‘YOU’ you aspire to be. It’s about what you want your design practice to become, what you want to have, where you want to live, or where your next holiday will be.
Making your goals visible and tangible in this way gives you the opportunity to see that new ‘reality’ every day as you work towards it. Your life changes to match those images and those desires over time. A vision board is another great tool the Quantum Compasss -ArtSHINE clients we work with use to support their goals.
It’s that simple.
Imagine your vision board as a treasure map. A map full of adventures and exciting journeys of discovery. What do you really want in your life? What words, or images, or items, can you place on your vision board that will give you direction and keep you inspired?
There are three different kind of Vision Boards:
1. “ I know my DPP” Vision Board
Create this vision board if:
- You’re very clear about your DPP (Desire, Passion & Purpose)
- You want to alter your environment or surroundings.
- There is a specific thing you want to manifest in your life. (i.e. starting a business of your dream or owing your dream home.)
2. The “Open & Free” Vision Board
Create this vision board if:
- Define or re define your DPP
- You’re not sure what exactly you want
- You’ve been in a pit & not motivate
- You have a vision of what you want, but are still unsure about it in some way.
- You know you want change but don’t know how to get start it.
3. The “Theme or Story” Vision Board
Create this vision board if:
- Some sort of significant event that starts a new cycle. E.g. New year, your birthday, anniversary etc.
- It also could be the following 9 priorities in Life:
1. Mind– is “all about our mindset’”-for goals that need refocus our minds. Doing Sudoku or cross word to challenge our mind. Gain more positive in our thinking by taking lesson to learn new skill for your business or career.
2. Body- is “ Our body is a temple” – for goals that relate to your health and body. Such as getting fit, losing weight or doing regular exercise. Getting up and doing the daily morning walk..
3. Spiritual-is “ inspire and bring new & more vigorous life to our soul”– for goals that relate to human spirit as apposed to material or physical in natural, example like doing meditation, doing yoga or taking Kung Fung lesson.
4. Relationship- is “The state of being connected”- for goals that relate to your partner or love ones. Example, learn to reconnect your love for your partner.
5. Family- is “The people you care and united by a significant shared of LOVE & Characteristics”- for goals that are reconnecting with parents siblings. Like spend more time with your parents. Make regular phone calls to your brother.
6. Career/ Business:-
- Career: “A job full of opportunity & progression”- for goals that relate to career advancement and find your ideal job. Or
- Business: “Your Ideal trade inspired by your Desire, your Passion & purpose”-for goals that relate to your business .such as set business strategies for you business .
7. Financial- is “free of debt and financial freedom”-for goals that relate to your personal financial, like getting out of debt, paying off your credit card, personal loan or mortgage.
8. Wealth-is “the State being abundance”
- for goals relate to grow your assets and living a lifestyle you have always dream of.
- Wealth is not just about getting rich and make more money, It’s about a well balance of your outlook to life and how you can offer your gift to the community, example helping people get what the want and gift back to the community,. Fund raise for a charity or donation to a foundation with good course that related to your inspiration.
9.Gratitude-is “to growth and expand”-Being grateful for what you have. It’s important everyday to appreciate what you’ve got.
- Supportive partner
- Food on the table etc.
A simple thank you to people who help you is a state being grateful. The more grateful you are as a person the more you goodness you will receive. Gratitude is attitude.
Make your vision board highly visible. Display it where you will see it constantly. Surround yourself with the images and ideas that will inspire you on your journey, and that supports you in that journey.
It’s not enough to just create a vision board, a pretty collage… you need to own it, plan it, implement it and most importantly… to commit to it. Set a routine to look at it every morning and keep doing that regularly. Set deadlines for those goals and commit to action steps; a ‘how to get there’ process. Then execute your plans.
Remember, there’s no so such a thing is a magic pill, or a miracle. You can’t just wish or will something into existence… Your dreams will not manifest themselves without you taking any direct action.
So, what are you waiting for? Now the best time to create the life, and the design practice that you really want to create.
Want to know more?
It’s as simple as 1… 2… 3…
2. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
3. Discover ArtSHINE Coaching by taking our survey to receive a complimentary coaching session
Contact Vinh direct:
firstname.lastname@example.org , +61 410 636 138