A collection of Art objects of artists or artisans for showing at a public place.
Art exhibitions are traditionally the space in which art objects meet an audience. The exhibit is known to be for a short period of time. Most Art exhibition’s duration could be just a couple of days to two weeks and sometimes show exhibitions would have a longer showing.
The art works may be shown in a formal space like museums and art halls to some less formal places like clubs or even private art galleries, to cafes, wine bars or even restaurants. Sometimes the event is organized on a specific occasion, like a birthday, anniversary or commemoration.
As an artist you do have a choice to select the type of exhibitions that fit your art and profile. The best thing is to research galleries that you would like to show your work at. Make some calls or pay the gallery a visit and prepare some questions to ask the gallery owner
Doing an art exhibition is another option for you to make a living and it is the most fantastic way to get your name out there and connect with your ideal customers who love to buy your work. Regular art exhibitions will definitely give you creditability as an artist.
What it means to you?
- Establish your signature style of art work
- Create a series of collections
- Do regular art exhibitions, it could be a group or solo exhibition. At least once or twice a year
- Write an artist statement to reflect your inspiration as an artist
- An art portfolio to show to potential art galleries
- Find a good & reputable art gallery to represent you.
Tune in next week for:
What is Workshop? and What it means to you?