New Year 2013- Pyrmont
Photographed by Henry Lam
Last week we talked about setting purpose goals & your New Year resolutions.
Here are the OPIC steps to making the most of 2013.
1. Set your Objective or Goal area using the nine priorities in life
Once you have selected the areas, it is now for you to priortise the areas. List the one that is most important to you first and then the rest.
Here are the 9 priorities in life
- (MBS) Mind, Body, Spiritual (Health & Fitness)
- Family Connection
- Business & Career
- Financial Competency
- True Wealth
- Fun & Refresh
- Leveraging Time
2. Plan your Steps & Tasks
Once you are happy with your Life areas (select at least 5 areas) you can plan sequential steps to help you reach your goal. If the goal is too big then you can chunk it down into sub goals so it is easy for you to implement the tasks. At these stages think about what you want to accomplish in those areas during this year.
3. Implementing your Steps & Tasks
The key to this step is to execute your goals within a time frame. Look at ways on how to implement the tasks you have set in each goal. Who else can help you to do the task and by when would you like to complete those tasks. It’s a good idea if you could get help too such as, outsourcing the task to other experts who can help you reach your goal.
Remember to look at your goals and see if you are hitting the target. Good goals leads to tasks that keep you moving forward to your dream and not just going in circles and achieving nothing.
4. Make a Commitment to your goals
To be able to achieve what you set out to do, firstly you need a big commitment from yourself. This is to frame your mindset so you can commit to those tasks. For example one of the commitments is that you could set aside 5 hours a week to focus on executing the tasks you set out for the week.
Now let’s look at some of the goals we set out for the 9 priorities in life you can too use it as a guide to start your goals:
1. (MBS) Mind, Body, Spiritual (Health & Fitness)
- Mind- Learn: photoshop-1 Feb and video workshop-1 June
- Body- Hire a Personal trainer- 14 Jan
- Spiritual-Visualisation for 10 minutes every morning
2. Relationships- Spend quality time with my partner. Romantic dinner once a month, 2-3 holidays together this year. Our engagement in 6 January.
3. Family Connection- Visit mum & dad every two weeks and spend quality time with them.
4. Business- Launch new ArtSHINE website in March, ArtSHINE branding products in April, Launch Ebook in June and ArtSHINE creative magazine in November.
5. Financial Competency- Pay off one credit card, set up self manage Super in Jan. & purchase an investment property by June.
6. True Wealth- Fund raise to support Lymphoma Australia.
7. Gratitude- Thank and respect people around me and do my gratitude journal daily
8. Fun & Refresh- 4 holidays a year and spend time with friends & family
9. Leveraging Time- focus on the importance things, recruit an intern to help with ArtSHINE and invite more creative guest posts.