Do you want a better work-life balance? Or…
Do you feel frustrated that you have less time for your own health and wellbeing because you are spending too much time working in your business lifestyle?
The ideas underpinning work/life balance can lead you to the conclusion that our lives are something to be divided in half. Split into two unrelated, disconnected, and ultimately conflicting pieces.“My ‘work’ is something I have to do” people say. “Some thing that just brings me money.”
“My ‘life’ is where I’m happiest, and where I want to be. But I don’t really have a life” people say, “because I’m too busy with work!”Sound familiar?
Here at ArtSHINE we’re not advocates for “Work / Life Balance”. In fact, it’s just the opposite! For us it’s about getting better in what you do with your business and personal life. For us it’s about creating a “whole of life”, or “portfolio
” approach to work. It’s about creating a Business LifeStyle, and designing a sustainable business practice that supports the creative professional in life and, supports you in work as well.
So the first thing to do is to define & decide what your main life areas are.
From our experiences, we’ve learned that our lives can easily get unstable, therefore at ArtSHINE we set our goals based on ” The 9 Priorities in Life”. These 9 areas will help you create a well-rounded personal and Business Lifestyle.
By diversifying your goals across the 9 priorities in life, you will find your Business & LifeStyle will have a great sense of achievement and life satisfaction.
The goals you are going to set will be full of purpose so that it will empower you to execute those tasks so you can move forward in achieving your goals and reach your dream sooner too.
Consider the 9 priorities in life when setting your goals:
- (MBS) Mind, Body, Spiritual (Health & Fitness)
- Family Connection
- Business & Career
- Financial Competency
- True Wealth
- Fun & Refresh
- Time Leveraging
1. MBS (Mind. Body & Spiritual):
- Mind– is “all about our mindset’”-for goals that need to refocus our minds. Doing Sudoku or a cross word to challenge our minds. Gain more positive thinking by taking lessons to learn a new skill for your business or career.
- Body– is “Your body is a temple” – for goals that relate to your health and body. Such as getting fit, losing weight or doing regular exercise such as getting up and doing the daily morning walk.
- Spiritual- is “ inspire and bring new & more vigorous life to our soul”– for goals that relate to the human spirit as opposed to material or physical in natural. An example is meditating or yoga or taking Kung Fung lessons.
2. Relationship– is “The state of being connected”- for goals that relate to your partner or love ones. Example, learn to reconnect your love for your partner.
3. Family Connection– is”The people you care and united by a significant shared LOVE & Characteristics”- for goals that are reconnecting with parents siblings. Such as spending more time with your parents. Make regular phone calls to your brother.
4. Busines and Career:- “A job full of opportunity & progression”- for goals that relate to career advancement and to find your ideal job.
- Business: “Your Ideal trade inspired by your Passion, your Desire & Purpose”-for goals that relate to your business such as set business strategies for you business.
- Career:”Your Ideal profession inspired by your Passion, your Desire & Purpose”– for goals that relate to your career such as set your career goals with action step to help you achieve it.
5. Financial Competency- is “free of debt and financial freedom”-for goals that relate to your personal & business financial, like getting out of debt, paying off your credit card, personal loan or mortgage.
6. True Wealth– is “the State being abundance”- for goals related to grow your assets and living a lifestyle you have always dreamt of. Wealth is not just about getting rich and make more money, It’s about a well balance of your outlook to life and how you can offer your gift to the community, For example helping people get what they want and give back to the community, fund raise for a charity, donation to a foundation with good cause that is related to your inspiration.
7. Gratitude-is “to growth and expand”- Being grateful for what you have. It’s important everyday to appreciate what you’ve got!
- Supportive partner
- Food on the table etc.
A simple thank you to people who help you is being grateful. The more grateful you are as a person the more goodness you will receive. Gratitude is attitude.
8. Inspiration & Refresh- for goals that make you want to do what you love. It’s about your desire, passion and purpose (your DPP) It is about rewarding yourself and taking time out to relax, refresh, like taking a mini break or a holiday. Take a breath of fresh air to learn and get inspired again so you can appreciate your Desire, Passion and Purpose.
9. Time Leveraging – for goals that focus on getting things done .Time is a most precious commodity, and your only natural resource. You can change your effectiveness in time by changing the way you relate to the idea of time. You can chose to live in a world you create where you decide your own priorities. It’s time to own your future. It’s time to focus on what you want by leveraging your time in activities that advance you directly towards your dreams and goals.
Set goals in each and every area. Lasting success of your business lifestyle is how well you cover your goals in these 9 life areas.
When you learn to set goals regularly, you will be less vulnerable to the winds of change that blow unfocused people in all different directions in life.
When I consider these priorities while making decisions about how to allocate time and energy, I keep my life in order, in perspective. If there are questions about which is more important, a business appointment or a family event, it’s clear, the family takes priority. My life has a sense of order and purpose, a sense of fulfilment too.
After all, this is what your life is a bout.
So what are your priorities in life?
Want to learn more about defining your priorities in life?
It’s as simple as 1… 2… 3…
1. Like ArtSHINE’s Facebook page
2. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
3. Discover ArtSHINE Coaching by taking our survey to receive a complimentary coaching session
Contact Vinh direct:
firstname.lastname@example.org , +61 0410 636 138