OPIC Goal Planner
“If you want to reach a goal, you must ‘see the reaching in your own mind
Here are some basic principles of goal setting:
• Own your goals and ensure that they have real and genuine meaning for you.
• Write your goals down. Think about how you can make them visible so you can see them every day. That way they’ll always be in front of you and in your mind.
• Write your goals in the present tense as if you’ve already attained them.
• Use positive language. Frame things in ways like… “I can…” I do…” rather than using phrases like “I don’t…” and “I can’t…”
• Remember you are the “CREATOR” of your own business lifestyle so it’s important that your goal is set like a C.R.E.A.T.O.R too:
Let’s look at what each word means in goal setting:
Concise– the more specific you are in writing your goal, the more likely you will be able to achieve them, straight to the point and stating what you really want in your goal.
Realistic– you need to be willing and able to do what needs to be done to reach your goal. Make it real within reach.
Exciting– write your goal with your passion and the real purpose of reaching that goal, write goals that makes you want to get there no matter what it takes.
Achievable– The goal you write that is attainable; you need to be able to do it. If a goal you wrote is not achievable and unrealistic all it does it to discourage you from taking action.
Timely–Your goals need to be measurable. Establish clear milestones for the achievement of each goal. Validate your tasks and make sure they’re all completed within the specified time frames.
Orderly– Set your goal in sequential steps by chunking down the more complex goals into smaller steps so they will be easy to manage and achieve.
Reviewable– constant revise your goals regularly and make sure you are still on track or make changes if necessary to suit your business lifestyle.
• Your goals need to be measurable.
• Establish clear milestones for the achievement of each goal.
• Identify your Short, Middle, and Long term goals:
• STG: Goals that are reachable in a short time in a day, week or within a month.
• MTG: Goals that fall in the middle like 6 to 12 months
• LTG: Goals that you have no clues about how to get there and they will challenge you. You also feel the fear because they are out of your comfort zone. Break down the activities and tasks into small chunks, more achievable action steps. Commit a date when you want it to be complete.
• Ask someone else to help you to achieve your goals and keep you accountable.
• Validate your tasks and make sure they’re all completed within the specified time frames.
• Review your goals regularly and keep a journal to record your progress.
Want to learn more about goals Setting and action planning the ArtSHINRE way?
It’s as simple as 1… 2… 3…
2. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
3. Discover ArtSHINE Coaching by taking our survey to receive a complimentary coaching session
Contact Vinh direct:
email@example.com , +61 410 636 138