Today we would like to share with you our strategies for setting your purpose goals. So that, 2014 is a year full of real purpose and is the year for you to focus on executing those tasks that will get you to where you want to be.
So what can we do to make the New Year a fantastic one?
The answer is….it’s entirely up to you!
You can choose to go with the flow, whatever happens happens (que sera sera!) or you can choose to make a big difference this year and be the key driver and steer the direction to where you want to be.
There are things we can and can’t control and we don’t have a crystal ball to understand what our future holds. However, if you really want to have a purposeful & fulfilling year, you can certainly set purpose goals and strategies to take you where you intend to be.
So what ever you do, don’t delve on the past as last year was history. Right now you have the power to do something about it and do something meaningful for your life an business.
Here are the OPIC steps to making the most of 2013.
1. Set your Objective or Goal area using the nine priorities in life.
Using the 9 priorities in life will help you to set goals that are important to you. Although there are 9 areas, some may not be appealing to you or relevant to you right now, so just choose the areas that you want to focus on.
Once you have selected the areas, it is now for you to priortise the areas. List the one that is most important to you first and then the rest.
This year we set goals in all nine areas. We have already assigned goals we would like to focus on in the particular months. There is no right or wrong way to assign your goals. You need to be honest to yourself and set a realistic time frame for you to do. Some of our clients prefer to just focus on one area at the time this way they can give more attention to each goal. Other clients focus 2 to 3 areas at the time. At the end of the day you know how you like to work and so make it fun and exciting and reward yourself once you reach the priority areas.
Here are the 9 priorities in life
- (MBS) Mind, Body, Spiritual (Health & Fitness)
- Family Connection
- Business & Career
- Financial Competency
- True Wealth
- Fun & Refresh
- Leveraging Time
The 9 priorities in life are just a great way for you to get started, so you can add more or remove some; it’s entirely up to you. Focus on the areas that matter most to you.
For each of the life areas you’ve selected, choose one or two goals that you’d like to achieve in 2014.
2. Plan your Steps & Tasks
Once you are happy with your Life areas (select at least 5 areas) you can plan sequential steps to help you reach your goal. If the goal is too big then you can chunk it down into sub goals so it is easy for you to implement the tasks. At these stages think about what you want to accomplish in those areas during this year.
3. Implementing your Steps & Tasks
The key to this step is to execute your goals within a time frame. Look at ways on how to implement the tasks you have set in each goal. Who else can help you to do the task and by when would you like to complete those tasks. It’s a good idea if you could get help too such as, outsourcing the task to other experts who can help you reach your goal.
Remember to look at your goals and see if you are hitting the target. Good goals leads to tasks that keep you moving forward to your dream and not just going in circles and achieving nothing.
4. Make a Commitment to your goals
To be able to achieve what you set out to do, firstly you need a big commitment from yourself. This is to frame your mindset so you can commit to those tasks. For example one of the commitments is that you could set aside 5 hours a week to focus on executing the tasks you set out for the week.
Now let’s look at some of the goals we set out for the 9 priorities in life you can too use it as a guide to start your goals:
1. (MBS) Mind, Body, Spiritual (Health & Fitness)
- Mind- revisit ‘visualisation exercise’ for 10 minutes every morning
- Body- work with my fitness coach 30 minutes,3 times a week.
- Spiritual- Yoga for 3o minutes, 3 times a week
2. Relationships- Spend quality time with my partner. Romantic dinner once a month, Go out for Breakfast every Sunday & 2-3 holidays together this year.
3. Family Connection- Visit mum & dad every two weeks and spend quality time with them. Plan a New Years Eve Cruises for our family and take a 5 days cruise to NZ in May.
4. Business- Launching new ArtSHINE website online store 13 January, OPIC Planner Diary 14 January, ArtShine Directory End of March, E- courses in February, ArtSHINE creative Circles in March & Launching 5 Ebooks by September.
5. Financial Competency- purchase an investment property by June.
6. True Wealth- To Grow Self Manage Super and to fund raise to support Lymphoma Australia.
7. Gratitude- Thanks and respect people around me and do my gratitude journal daily.
8. Fun & Refresh- 2 holidays a year and spend more time with friends & family
9. Leveraging Time- focus on the importance things, recruit an intern to help with ArtSHINE and invite more creative guest posts.
It’s as simple as 1… 2… 3…
2. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
3. Discover ArtSHINE Coaching by taking our survey to receive a complimentary coaching session
Contact Vinh direct:
firstname.lastname@example.org , +61 410 636 138
To Find Out more a great cashflow business of your dream ?
If you enjoyed this post, please ‘like & share’ this page so someone else can benefit from it! PS: Cool Email Marketing tool for your business. Check it out!
It’s as simple as 1… 2… 3…