A couple of months ago I met an artist who is so talented and her artwork is amazing. We have a lengthy conversation and one of her remark was that she is not ready for the commercial world.
So I asked her if you are not ready then When?
The true is most people fall into these two areas when they think they are not ready:
- Fear .(Click the link to find out more)
- Trap Mode.
Today, this article is about “Trap Mode” and how it is so easy for us to fall into it and get trap there. Trap mode is like stuck in the cave. You get lost in the dark and you could stay there for a long time if you don’t find a way out.
So What is a trap mode?
- “I don’t know enough yet” trap mode – this is the person who just learns and practices and learns and practices to avoid having to DO something. You are scared that you won’t do it right. Or if you do it, it won’t turn out right. If you fall into this trap mode you would rather learn about how to do it and have the potential success or failure ahead of you instead of having to deal with it!
- “I can’t do…” trap mode – this isn’t a bad one as long as you acknowledge it. If you don’t have the salesmanship to do the selling or promote your products and don’t have the time or desire to learn, you can fix this trap mode easily by outsourcing someone else to do it for you. However, It becomes a problem if you stop yourself from moving forward just because you can’t do the selling and don’t have anyone else do it for you.
- “I am not ready…” trap mode– with this one you are falling into a deep trap and constantly making excuses telling yourself that you are far from ready so you don’t have to deal with the real challenge and do the hard yards. Having this trap mode will boycott you from exploring opportunities in reaching your dreams.
- “I am know it all…” trap mode– this one is a classic, and the worst one of all. You think you know it all and you will have all the answers for everything even excuses are your best friend. If you are in this mode you will tend to sabotage your growth and opportunity to achieve your goals and dreams. You will come up with different solutions to stop yourself doing the “Do” because you think you know it all and all the outcome so you won’t take any action.
2. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
3. Discover ArtSHINE Coaching by taking our survey to receive a complimentary coaching session
Contact Vinh direct:
email@example.com , +61 0410 636 138
Limited Time !
If you want 2014 to be your most productive and hit all your goals for the year,
then you’re going to love our brand new OPIC Diary Planner.
Click on this link to get your Planner Diary Free