1. In 5 words, who are you?
Creative, Imaginative, Romantic, Adventurous and Curious
2. Where do you get your inspiration from when you paint ?
People watching, travelling, galleries, museums, being aware of interesting things around me on an everyday basis. That can be seen in my art which is very eclectic.
3. What are one or two favourite recent projects?
The group exhibition with ArtSHINE Space & Gallery because I haven’t really concentrated on a theme before.
This made me focus and I chose my theme on a trip I made to France a couple of years ago to a medieval village called Saint-Cirq-Lapopie which is perched on a cliff and has been voted one of the most beautiful villages in France.
4. What creative processes are involved in the creation of your pieces?
I use lots of reference photos. When an idea comes to me I create a composition in my mind, then browse through my photo collection and create a composite of the various elements. The I add or substract further until I’m satisfied with my composition, draw it up and enjoy losing myself in my painting while listening to music.
5. How do you keep yourself motivated and focused in business?
Seeing beautiful work by so many talented artists which sets the bar higher for me. As well as dreaming, taking the time out to think things through and being curious gives me the motivation to keep on improving and trying different approaches.
6. How do you connect with other artists, and clients?
Through art societies, attending workshops, exhibitions and connecting via social media.
7. What is the most important lesson in life that you have learned?
To slow down, savour the moment and connect with what I’m doing. Being present.
8. Your advice to artists starting out?
Believe in yourself and practise your art constantly.
9. Do you still have a dream you would like to achieve?
A sell out solo exhibition would be nice.