Call out for Artists, Designers and creative community!
ARTISTS are being urged to think ahead to the New Year after a Sydney gallery threw down the gauntlet to them to help create a calendar for 2016.
The first ever “Draw me a Calendar” competition is being organized by the Chippendale Creative Prectinct ArtSHINE Gallery.
The gallery is appealing to artists and designers to submit works with an opportunity to be among the 12 selected to represent the months of 2016.
Gallery founder Vinh Van Lam said: “We encourage participants to be creative and come up with artworks that are striking and suitable for a calendar. We want to achieve a consistent look so that all artworks complement each other.”
Registration by Monday 21st September
by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to enter
Pen to paper
The ArtSHINE Gallery is proud to introduce their FIRST “Draw me a Calendar” Competition, non-acquisitive art competition and exhibition.
1. All works are to be done on a 20cm x 20cm White Paper around 240gsm and a black pen.
2. Entries are limited to a maximum two applications per entrant. Entry fee is non-refundable and contributes to administration and handling. $30.00 for one entry and $50.00 for two entries.
3. Please only use a White Paper around 240gsm and black pen.
4. No frames will be accepted.
5. All works must be the original work of the named artist, and created in 2015. There is a limit of two works per artist.
Download the conditions of entry to send us the form by email at:
The winning artists will receive $600 art licensing and residual income coaching.
The artworks will be selected by five judges, with one artwork being chosen for the front cover of the ArtSHINE 2016 calendar.
Selected admissions will be unveiled at a gallery opening night on Saturday October 17. A People’s Choice Award will be announced on Sunday October 25 at ArtSHINE’s Spring/Summer showcase market.
The exhibition will run from Saturday October 7 to Saturday October 31.
For details contact Art Director Pascale Rajek