What do you do when a gallery expressed interest in your Artwork?
Here are some questions that you should be asked the gallery owner before making any decision. By asking these questions you then can draw up a decision whether that particular gallery is best suited to you and your Art business.
1. Who is the owner(s) of the gallery?
3. What is the period of the contract?
Is it for a Fixed term?
Multi Year Agreement?
Contingent on sales? (informal contract)
4. What options do I and the gallery have to extend the term of the exhibition?
5. Can I terminate the contract in the event of the owner’s or director’s death, or
there is a change of ownership or relocation of the gallery?
6. In the event of the gallery’s bankruptcy or insolvency what is my right for
terminating the contract?
7. What is the commission fee involved?
8. How much art do I need to submit for each exhibition?
9. How long is each exhibition or show?
10. What is the procedure if I want to take back my artworks , how much notice do I
need to give?
11. Where will my artworks be shown?
- On site? or Off site?
- Will my artworks be visible to visitors or hang in a reserve room?
12. Will my artworks ever exhibit outside of the gallery? Will I be
informed when my artworks leave the gallery?
13. Will you promote my work and send press releases on my behalf? Will I have
the right to see it before it gets send out?
14. Do you have a marketing plan in place for my show?
15. Do you offer discounts to buyers?If you do how much? Will the discount be
deducted from my share of the profit?
16. What insurance cover do you have in placed for my artwork?
- What are the terms and conditions of the insurance policy?
- Does it cover the full retail value of my work?
- Is my art work protected in-transit and in the gallery?
- Do you take full responsibility for loss or damage to my artwork from the time you received it and to the time it is returned to me?
- If there my Artwork in Damaged in the gallery, who chooses the restorer?
- How will I be compensated?
17. What is your sales objective do you have in place for my Artwork?
18. Who are your key clients?
19. Do you joint venture with other businesses, such as Interior decorators or
20. May I contact your current or past artists for reference
So now you have these questions with you what is your next step???
Want to learn more about how to approach your next Art exhibition & Art business the Quantum Compass- ArtSHINE way?
It’s as simple as 1… 2… 3…
2. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
3. Discover ArtSHINE Coaching by taking our survey to receive a complimentary coaching session
Contact Vinh direct:
email@example.com , +61 0410 636 138
To Find Out more about a great cashflow business of your dream ?
If you enjoyed this post, please ‘like & share’ this page so someone else can benefit from it!
Work With Me
>CLICK HERE< to learn more!!
PS: FREE VIDEO! How To Get 27 Checks per Month and Earn Upwards of $9063.80 per Day While on Vacation With Your Family!!