”So trust your feeling and instincts”
This exercise will assist you clarify and define your top three priorities from your Top 10 list. This exercise will also give you a deeper insight into what you really want, how to bring out your DPP, and how to let it shine.
Please go back and refer to your Part 1 exercise. By now you will have a list of at least 10 or more important things. This process is simple, just follow these easy steps:
- Review your list and look at item 1 and 2. Which one would you choose? Practicing this process can also help you make spontaneous decisions in the future.
- Ask yourself this question – “If you could only have one, not both, which would I choose?”
- If you have difficulty in making a choice, you can also ask yourself this question – “Which without the other would bring me more happiness and harmony?” By asking this question it will help you to prioritise your wants, your needs, and your desires. The answer should become clearer.
- If you’re still unsure and don’t know which one to choose. Ask yourself this question – “If I did know which one to choose, which one would I select right now?” Remember trust your instincts and intuitions. In this exercise your first impulse is generally the one to follow.
- Be true and honest with yourself when making your choices from the list. Don’t let anyone else cloud your judgement. You choose for yourself, not what other people may think you should be choosing. Finding your DPP is all about you and bringing out the inner you.
- Once you have selected your choice between item 1 and item 2 let’s compare the one you selected with the next item on your list (your item 3).
- Repeat this same process to choose one of these two over the other going right down your list.
- Keep comparing the selected item with the next item on your list until you are left with one final item.
- Congratulations! This last item is your first DPP!
- Highlight your first DPP and perform the same process again so that you can find your second DPP and then your third… (you can list them on the next page)
To stay close to your DPP we suggest you do this exercise every 6 to 12 months. This helps you to fine-tune your inner you, and your desires, passions and purpose. When you are doing the exercise again later you will be astonished about how your choices may change over time.
My Top 3 DPPs:
Doing this DPP exercise will make it so much easier for you to set your personal goals when you’re ready.